Most of us were never taught the relationship skills for eliminating the conflicts that rob us of love and deep connection
Hi! Dr. Paige and Don here.
If you find yourself thinking or even blurting: "I love you... but you're driving me crazy!” you’ve come to the right place.
We teach individuals and couples the handful of core relationship skills needed to finally transform the repetitive arguments, disconnects, and hard-to-reconcile differences that get in the way of experiencing extraordinary love.
This has always been important — but especially now!
With the world around us causing so much uncertainty and distress, it's critical that we know how to make our relationship a deep well of comfort, security, joy, happiness, and well-being.
Not just for ourselves. But for our families and all whom we hold dear.
A Handful of Proven Insights and Skills Makes All The Difference
It's completely normal – inevitable really – for two strong, intelligent grownups to run into stubborn conflicts.
But it's not inevitable that these challenges (even as intrusive as they are these days) erode the quality and depth of your connection.
You'll know how to:
- Transform conflicts into mutual understanding and support
- De-escalate your own anger and frustration - and the tensions between you
- Discuss even the touchiest topics, without triggering another tug-of-war or chilly silence
- Transform unwanted repetitive patterns (URPs) that develop over time and keep causing arguments, misunderstandings, and stalemates
- Listen in ways that make it easy for your partner to listen openly, instead of getting cranky or turning away
- Amplify love when things are going well, so that love becomes your. predominant experience, despite circumstances around you
The Extraordinary Relationship Formula® Program, whether delivered privately or in groups, reflects a powerful combination of research-based disciplines and decades of personal and professional experience.
For those who might be interested in the academic underpinnings, our methods blend:
- A cutting-edge communication theory (CMM) that sees communication as a creative act through which we create the quality of our relationships
- Emerging insights about the neurobiology of love and connection, plus the neurobiology of defensiveness and fear (aka: the lizard brain, which explains the cute little stuffed green guy)
- The new field of interpersonal neurobiology, founded by Dr. Daniel Siegel, which future expands our understanding of human relationships.
And if you really want to geek out on this, the first two disciplines above were central to Paige's doctoral research on the enactment of fear in conversations-gone-bad.